OnStar and Connected Services GM Cares Extra Support
OnStar and Connected Services GM Care
OnStar and Connected Services GM Cares Support and FAQ
Updated 3/18/2020 10:00PM
BACKGROUND OnStar and our vehicle brands are empowering current Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac connected vehicle owners with the helpful resources they need during these trying times.
- For added peace of mind, we are enabling OnStar Crisis Assist services for all our connected vehicle owners for a limited time, which includes:
- Access to specially trained OnStar Advisors who are ready to help 24/7 during emergencies and other unexpected situations.
- Special routing assistance, including to hospitals or clinics.
- Connecting to family members, Emergency Medical Dispatch and First Responders.
- To help stay connected, we are offering 3GB/3 months (whichever comes first) of complimentary in-vehicle data for all our Wi-Fi equipped vehicle owners for a limited time. Customers may:
- Connect to their work or classroom remotely while within 15 metres of the vehicle.
- Stay connected with family members or others in need while traveling within the vehicle.
Be assured that our OnStar Advisors are ready to help. To keep them in touch with the latest information, our central 24/7 Command Centre is connected to numerous entities, including Canada Public Health Services and our public safety professional associations.
FAQ (Only for GM Cares COVID-19 response efforts)
- How do I get OnStar Crisis Assist services?
- If you have a properly equipped Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle in a connected state, simply push your blue OnStar button and either ask an advisor for crisis assistance or say “help” when prompted.
Those with OnStar-equipped vehicles who do not have their vehicle in a connected state can push the blue OnStar button twice, ask an advisor for crisis assistance, and accept the OnStar User Terms,Privacy Statement and Software Terms to start receiving Crisis Assist services.
- What is included with the OnStar Crisis Assist services?
- OnStar’s specially trained advisors can help direct emergency services to your vehicle’s location and offer critical assistance until help arrives, provide routing to a hospital or clinic and other navigation assistance, and assist in connecting you to loved ones and family members.
- How much complimentary in-vehicle data are you offering?
- We’re offering 3GB/3 months (whichever comes first) of in-vehicle data to our customers with properly equipped vehicles (eligible 2015MY and newer vehicles), which will allow them to:
- Connect to work and school remotely while within 15 metres of their vehicle
- Keep connected should they be in their vehicles
To receive this offer, please visit:
- Chevrolet – https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/chevrolet-cares
- Buick – https://www.buick.ca/en/here-to-help
- GMC – https://www.gmccanada.ca/en/here-to-help
Who is eligible for OnStar Crisis Assist services?
Anyone who owns a properly equipped Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicle.
What if I’m a fleet driver with a GM vehicle, am I eligible for OnStar Crisis Assist services?
This limited time activation of Crisis Assist services is only available for retail customers. You will need to check with your fleet manager to see if OnStar Crisis Assist services are available to you.
Do I need to currently have OnStar service to receive Crisis Assist services?
No. Regardless of whether you currently have active OnStar service, if you have a properly equipped GM vehicle, you are eligible for OnStar Crisis Assist services. If you are not currently connected to OnStar and have an OnStar-equipped vehicle, all you need to do is push your blue OnStar button twice, ask an advisor for crisis assistance, and accept the OnStar User Terms, Privacy Statement and Software Terms to start receiving services.
What happens if the blue OnStar Button does not work?
Customers can call 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827) for assistance.
What kinds of information do OnStar and GM collect and how do they use that information?
The Privacy Statement best describes what information we collect, how we use it and with whom we share it. You can find the Privacy Statement at www.OnStar.ca.
If I’m already paying for OnStar, will I be reimbursed/credited for Crisis Assist services being provided?
We’re making our specially trained Advisors accessible for a limited time to everyone who doesn’t currently have active Crisis Assist services. There will be no reimbursement or credit for Members who have Crisis Assist services currently active.
If I’m already paying for an in-vehicle data plan, will I be reimbursed/credited for the complimentary data being provided?
For customers who choose to redeem this offer and currently have a paid data plan, the complimentary 3GB/3 months (whichever comes first) will be applied to your account after your current billing cycle. Once you have exhausted the 3 GB/3 months, your recurring subscription plan will resume. If you have a session plan (time based), your complimentary data will be applied to the end of your session.