“There are some key things that you need to do when you’ve been in a car accident, regardless of the damage. ” -Tanner Taniguchi- Davis Collision Centre Manager.
Exchange Information with the other Driver.
- Drivers License Number.
- License Plate.
- Phone Numbers.
- Insurance Companies & Policies
Record what happened.
- Take notes of what happened.
- Draw a diagram.
- Snap Pictures.
Get a Police Report.
- Even if no other vehicle was involved i.e. an Animal collision.
- Any accident that causes over $2000 in damage requires police report.
Go to the Doctor.
- You may feel okay, however there are a number of injuries commonly associated with car accidents that don’t show symptoms immediately.
Contact your Insurance Company.
- It is expected by many insurance companies that you report any accidents to them within seven days of the occurrence. Some may give a longer time period, but they all have a limit.
Get an Estimate.
- Come in to see us at Davis Collision we provide free estimates.