Does your vehicle need a coolant flush?
If your vehicle is 5 years old, or you've reached 240,000km you might need a coolant flush. Coolant passes through a lot of major systems in your car which can be very pricey to replace once damaged! Not getting a coolant flush can result in requiring major repairs such as: Water pump replacement, radiator, new thermostats, even gasket replacements.
What you should know about DexCool Coolant Engine Flushes
- As an engine runs, a lot of heat is generated! This heats up the internal engine components.
- Coolant is then circulated by the water pump and into the engine to absorb heat.
- The hot Coolant then passes through the thermostat and through a heater core which blows hot air into the cabin.
- Coolant then flows from the thermostat through a hose into the radiator
- While you drive, cold air passes through the radiator, rapidly cooling off the coolant inside
- This Coolant then flows back into the engine and begins to cycle again keeping your vehicle safe from repairs.